Do you have adequate Life Insurance coverage to meet your loved ones’ future financial needs?
What amount of coverage is available?
- Coverage is available in units of $25,000 (minimum $50,000). You and your spouse can each apply for up to a maximum of ten units ($250,000).
- It is recommended that you and your spouse each be covered for a minimum amount of life insurance equal to at least five times your annual income.
Medical evidence is required for life insurance.
- Waiver of premium - If you or your spouse become disabled before age 60 while insured, you can apply to have your life insurance premiums waived. Upon approval and after six months of total disability, coverage will be continued (without any further premium payments) to age 65 or until you recover, if earlier.
- Portability - The Life coverage stays with you. Should you no longer be an ONA Member, you and/or your spouse can maintain your coverage, provided you continue to pay the premiums.
- Flexibility - You can choose different coverage amounts for yourself and your spouse. Also, you can apply for spousal coverage without Member coverage.
- Living benefit feature - This feature can help ease the financial burden of an illness by providing an “advance” payment of up to 50% of coverage (to a maximum of $50,000) should you or your spouse suffer a terminal illness while insured.
- Termination - Your coverage continues to age 65, provided you continue to pay the premiums.
How is your premium calculated?
Premium is based on the applicant’s age (on the effective date of coverage), the number of units selected and smoker/non-smoker status.
For more information call the ONA Plan Administrator, Johnson Inc. at:
1595 - 16th Avenue
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Fax number: (905) 764-4163
Additional information on plans and application form:
Johnson Inc. (Johnson) is a licensed insurance intermediary. Johnson provides administrative, consulting and/or claims administration/payment services. Insurance products are underwritten by various insurance providers. Certain conditions, limitations, eligibility may apply. Policy wordings prevail.
Important Notice: The above information does not constitute a contract. ONA holds the Group Master Policy for this Insurance Program. Details of the coverage are found in the Master Policy. Should there be a discrepancy between this information and the Master Policy, the provisions of the Master Policy will govern. The ONA Base Plan and Voluntary Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Health and Dental Insurance Plans are underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife Financial). The Critical Illness Plan is underwritten by Western Life Assurance Company. The Home and Auto Insurance is underwritten by Unifund.